Friday, December 25, 2009

"memere: grand-mère, pour les enfants."








I love my Memere. She is probably one of my top five favorite people in the world. She's my mother's mother. She is currently seventy-four years old. She used to crochet but she now has arthritis. She speaks French and has six siblings. She has a cat and loves all animals in general. She once had a pet skunk. She raised two daughters the best she could. She cared for her disabled brother and mother, who had Alzheimer's, when no one else would. Her childhood was rough and her marriage was rocky. She has been through some of the hardest things life can throw at you and she is still standing strong. She is the strongest woman I know and she is an inspiration to me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Copyright © grey sequins
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes Design by Diovo.com