Sunday, September 27, 2009

"thunder cats are go."

9:45 - woke up and got ready
10:00 - went and had breakfast
10:30 - left for the boathouse

From 10:30-1:00 all the walk-ons and all the freshmen recruits went to the boathouse for the "Freshman Regatta." It consisted of all of the walk-ons and recruits being evenly divided up and put into three teams, in three boats. I got super upset when all the teams where being read off and Miranda, the assistant coach, hadn't placed me in a boat. She took out someone who had already experienced a race before and put me in her spot, telling me that it didn't mean anything that she had forgotten about me, but of course I was still paranoid about it the entire time. Having an experienced coxswain made the entire process of getting out onto the water so much faster. We warmed up and got in line to race. Our boat was dubbed the "Thunder Cats" and we ended up winning. The racing was so exciting, so much is going on around you and you have to focus all your attention to your coxswain and listen to her direction. I'm really excited to be a part of this sport.


This is a picture I took on my phone of the boathouse. This picture doesn't do it justice.

1:30-5:30 - nap
5:30-9:30 - eat, skype, get ready, do nothing - Neg went to Stonehill for the night to visit a friend
9:30-10:30 - hung out with Fonnie, Paige and Christina
10:30-12:30 - random sketchy apartment on Mission Hill
12:30-1:30 - got home, showered, cleaned my side of the room

Went to bed at 2. Even sicker than the day before. I had no fun at the creepy apartment. I ended up bumping into two girls from the rowing team. Bt my absolute favorite part was when a couple of my friends starting giving me their tabs. Made my life. Don't worry, I wasn't the girl at the sketchy apartment going around collecting tabs of people I don't know. Gross.

Time management is not working out for the me though. I have a 5 page paper due Monday at 10:30. Yikes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Copyright © grey sequins
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes Design by Diovo.com